Late nights. Early Flights. Deadlines. Living in hotels. You know the drill.
Now, you’ll have some solutions.
Solutions that will work, and that you can actually stick to.
Join the Health & Fitness All-Stars at an exclusive 90-minute workshop designed to help you make better decisions about nutrition and exercise — even when you’re playing the role of road warrior. The All-Star Health & Fitness Workshop, organized by Pro Basketball Writers Association member Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, offers simple, sustainable habits you can start implementing today to set yourself up for a better long-term health.
Co-sponsored by the PBWA, CrossFit, Victory Belt Publishing, Yoga Tune-Up, CrossFit Bayside and CHOi’S1 Seaweed Snacks, the event runs from 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m. ET on Sunday, Feb 15 in the NBA All-Star media hotel — the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.
The star-studded lineup of guest speakers is as follows:
• Julie Foucher, a four-time, top-five Reebok CrossFit Games competitor and student in the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine/Case Western Reserve University.
• Diane Sanfilippo, a certified nutrition coach, New York Times best-selling author of “Practical Paleo” and “The 21-Day Sugar Detox” and founder of the popular health blog www.balancedbites.com.
• John Beneduce, owner and head coach at CrossFit Bayside, CEO/founder of EPIC Fitness, two-time world champion grappler and former professional MMA fighter.
For full event details, click here.
Space is limited, so PBWA members are urged to register in advance by responding to the email invitation they received. You may also register through the events page. The first 50 participants who register for the event will receive a free gift bag with samples from our sponsors.
Come dressed and ready for a quick workout that will show you how much you can get done with no equipment and limited time in your hotel room or hotel gym. You’ll also learn:
• Basic, gradual steps to fat loss that you can begin adopting today, one at a time, to build the foundation for a healthier, more productive you.
• How to eat the right foods in the right amounts, reverse nutrient deficiencies and improve metabolic and cardiovascular health.
• How to make better food choices on the go or on the road, and what to look for in deceptive food labels.
And much more.
Whether you’re a broadcaster, reporter, scout, coach, executive or media relations professional in the NBA business, too often nutrition and exercise are tied for last in the standings — often with catastrophic results. This event is a small but important first step toward reversing that trend.
We hope to see you there.